Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Craigslist Experiment II: The Personal Ad

I posted this post on Craigslist this afternoon. Enjoy.

I Don't Want to Get Hurt Again - (27)

I just got out of a very serious relationship, and am looking to start the healing process. I was recently married, but on our wedding night, my ex admitted he had had sex reassignment surgery (he'd wanted to stay chaste until we were married, so I didn't find out earlier). Though it almost sounds funny (and would be if it had happened to someone else), it's been hard to get over. Obviously, we had an annulment, but I'm looking to start fresh.

YOU: Are a man. I hope you can prove this early on by letting me talk to your parents or childhood friends. Maybe I can see pics of you growing up as a boy, and not wearing a dress. You enjoy taking road trips, looking at art, and appreciating the English language. You are hopefully college educated, but I might still be interested if you're not. Can you quote any of the great writers?

You have the ability to out-drink a roomful of people, but then be able to clean yourself up quickly and drive us somewhere (I'm pretty spontaneous). Things are two times more fun when you can share them, and ten times more fun when you've shared a drink first.

I like a man who will do things to show me he cares. If you break a window with your bare hand to do this, it's excessive but I'd fully appreciate and understand the gesture. I want to see and feel a man's desire to be with me.

ME: I'm an easy-going girl who loves to have fun. I take every moment and treat it like the special gift that it is. On that note, though I may like to party, sometimes I just want to stay in and rent some foreign films and just chill (have you seen the film Man Bites Dog?). I love to cook new things, so you must like eating lots of food.

I own my own company, Christian Belief Apparel. We make shirts, signs, and apparel for various Christian Evangelical organizations, usually for special events. Some of the biggest Christian Evangelical groups use my company exclusively for their anti-abortion shirts and picket signs. At the next Christian and/or Evangelical rally you see or go to, take note of how many people are holding non-handwritten signs, and those are all mine (there are no other companies in all of SoCal that make them).

On that note, I'm not that religious. Please don't force your faith on me. Just because I do it for a living doesn't mean I want it in my home and relationship. I'll respect your beliefs as long as you keep them to yourself.

I seriously hope you can take me seriously. I think my ex though our relationship was a joke, so now I'm looking for something solid.

I hope to hear from you (you? yes you!). Send me an email with a pic if you want the same in return.

No comments: