Monday, January 29, 2007

Craigslist Experiment III: The Rebel Yell

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/w4m/270458533.html

Give Me a Rebel Yell If You Want to go Out - 27

Up front, I must tell you I am a staunch Republican. I feel it is our duty as Americans to stand behind the president, no matter what. I know that President Bush knows the best way forward, and I feel he really does have a connection with God as he leads us to victory. I'm looking for someone who feels the same way.

YOU: You must be a registered Republican. Other than that, I don't have too many requirements. Obviously, you must agree with what's going on with the War Against Terrorism, but I'm not too picky when it comes to looks (though I prefer you to have above average looks, be white, between 5'9" and 6'1", under 30 and over 25 with no visible tattoos, and NO tattoos or piercings below the waistline). You drive an American vehicle, preferably a Camaro or Mustang.

You see the coolness in the Rebel Flag and believe that the whole deal about it being "racist" is a bunch of poop.

You don't use words like 'poop' in your normal conversation (haha).

You're college educated, and conservative. Yale, Harvard, or Cornell wins extra points. Unknown state colleges (ie. Western New Mexico University, Cal State Dominguez Hills, etc.) lose points.

ME: I broke up with my ex-boyfriend about a month ago because he was getting too liberal for me. He said something about abortion being okay in some circumstances, and I literally kicked him out the door. Abortion is not okay in any circumstances.

As a side note, I had an abortion at 21 years old (trust me, this is a very long story). Though it was a mistake, I don't think I would have done it if it was against the law. I hope we can get Roe vs. Wade overturned so we can point young mothers towards the CORRECT path. If I'd known what that CORRECT path was, maybe things would be different. Despite this, I still don't regret the abortion (you wouldn't understand); I just want this out on the table.

I have no kids, so I work a lot. I'm a partner in a business that specializes in distributing videos of cockfighting. Though cockfighting is illegal in 49 states, it is legal to distribute the videos. We took the opportunity and turned it into a very rapidly growing business. Once you've seen a cockfight, watching any other sport is like watching paint dry, which is why I think our videos sell so well. If PETA gave cockfighting a chance, maybe they'd understand. I work almost seven days a week dealing with distributors, film crews, editors, printers, lawyers, legislators and the list goes on and on. You may think I'll be too busy for you, but I feel life is best when you can do everything you want at the same time.

Email me with your pic, your favorite political figure (so I can make sure you're a REAL Republican), and something funny.

No comments: