Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Props to voting against the Props

Schwarzenegger lost on all of his ballot initiatives, thank God. When first elected, I was still in New Mexico and considered him a novelty. I didn't give a damn. Then I moved to California, and still didn't give a damn. I though it was odd to pull up a page like the California Office of Real Estate Appraiser's web page, and there's his picture at the top. Also, when I worked for the IRS and we'd receive a state document, it'd have a copy of his name and sigature in the header. I found it odd.

But then I started paying some attention to the idiotic things he said and did. I'll start with the latest action: The special election cost California taxpayers $250,000,000. Look at all those zeroes. It's funny that one of the ballot initiatives was supposed to restrain spending. I wonder what we could have done with an extra $250,000,000 sitting around? And Schwarzenegger really wanted this election to happy. Thanks, Arnie! Wish I could have been there to vote against you, but you know how it is...

What else? I believe he said some xenophobic things about our Mexican brothers who came in the country via illegal means. He basically said the borders needed to be sealed, and there's no room in California for immigrants. Yeah, this is what the Austrian-born, talking-with-an-accent motherfucker said. What a dumbfuck. I believe someone in his cabinet pointed out that he also is an immigrant, so he later apologized. He mispoke, and meant something totally different.

He fucked around with the nurse's union. It's just not wise to piss off a nurse. My sister-in-law is a nurse, and I pissed her off once; she tried to beat the shit out of me and will never allow me in their house as long as I live (well, the last part of that is a stretch of the truth, but not much). That was just ONE nurse--my brother's wife (the poor guy--HE has to live with that thing and SLEEP next to it; I'd prefer slashing my wrists with a cheese grater). I imagine that the nurse's union is like my sister-in-law times 5,000 or so. I hate her, and I'm sure I'd especially hate to deal with 5,000 of her. Blah.

And did you see Terminator 3? What the fuck was that? It was terrible compared to the first two.

I don't even know who the governor of Hawaii is. Some republican, I think. Doesn't matter, though. This state is so backwards, I can't even begin to care. It's my year-long vacation. Why should I worry about politics (unless Hawaii secedes from the union like Canada tried to)?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was close to $3 mill. And yeah, vaca time. Kick up your heels. All you have to worry about is your blog and the abundance of candy. No I didn't see Terminator 3. Edward Furlong wasn't in it and I heard it was bad so I didn't bother. Go me.