Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The 'Three' Key

Okay, today the keyboard works a little better. Now, only the 'three' key doesn't work. I guess I can live without the 'three' key. Maybe I'll get a new keyboard at some point, but $65 for the 'three' key? And that's the price of a used one on eBay. Granted, it's also the 'pound' key, but when do you really need that? For tic-tac-toe? That's it, right?

Check this out: 1. That's right, the 1 key works. And I can also put in a tilde. Watch this: ~. That's right. A fucking tilde. Thank the Lord! I've got tilde access!

Black Friday is coming up. I plan on buying a DVD Recorder from Costco for about $85. If I can find a DVD burner for cheap (external), I'll buy that too.

Last night I went to the beach (before I fucked up my keyboard). It was the Old Airport State Park. Guess what it used to be...Give up? It was the old airport. The parking lot is the old landing strip, and coincidentally one of the longest parking lots I've ever seen. It's a mile long and about an eighth of a mile wide. That'd make a good drag strip.

I was discriminated against today. Hawaiians. Many are ignorant, racist motherfuckers. I went to pay for an oil change at the Midas. A native woman walked in. The guy behind the counter (the manager of all people) was native. I'd been standing there at the counter for 10 minutes waiting to pay. I had my credit card out and was obviously THERE to pay. The woman walked up to the counter and pulled out HER credit card. After about another 5 minutes, the manager walked over and let HER pay first, completely ignoring me. He then went back to his little desk, dicked around a couple of minutes, then came back and treated me like I had JUST walked in--like he hadn't even seen me standing there. "Oh, are you here to pick up the BMW?" BMW? What? Are you on crack? There wasn't even a BMW in the goddamn parking lot. I understand that Hawaii has a huge ice problem. Case in point.

3 comments:

Source Jockey said...

They're not really "racist", are they? Aren't they just not big fans of mainlanders?

Ryan Medalie said...

I'm white. They were native Hawaiians. It's pretty obvious by looking that I'm not a native Hawaiian.

And no, they're not big fans of mainlanders. I guess they'd prefer not to live with the tourism money from the mainlanders (which pretty much amounts to complete poverty). Some even think that Hawaii should declare its independence from the United States. Obviously, we're dealing with a group of intelligent people who will find some other way to pay for their entire public infrastructure. Yay!

Source Jockey said...

PIneapples and macadamia nuts.