Friday, September 16, 2005

At the laundromat...

I don't know if I told you that I broke the washer at my complex the other day. There's one washer and one dryer for the complex, and apparently I broke it. That was about Wednesday or so. So I kept my soggy, unwashed laundry in my apartment until today. I wanted to culture some bacteria, and that accompanying smell was fantastic--like something clawing its way through my nostrils.

So I'm doing the laundry today at the laundromat. I brought my laptop. I'm easily amazed by Technology (that's with a capital 'T'). I'm sitting here, the thing's not plugged in, and I'm using a wireless connection. The Laundromat actually has a wireless connection, but the guy didn't know how to make it work with my laptop. However, that didn't matter because the Christian Center across the street has a strong enough signal to work on this thing. So the Christians are giving me free wireless internet. I should stop saying the Christians have contributed nothing to society, and have given me nothing. See? Wireless internet.

Court was pretty bad today. At lunch, I rubbed my eye and my contact fell out; it's gone forever, because I lost it. The lawyers and the judge--even the other jurors--thought I was tired and about to fall asleep. I guess me experiencing severe eye pain looks like I'm about to fall asleep.

I booked my plane ticket to Hawaii yesterday. I'll be flying out later than I wanted, but all well. I saved about $170 by flying out a few days later. I figured it was worth it. Who knows, though?

Hey, you ever eat Bimbo bread? It's an actual brand of bread and bread products. Bimbo. I think it's more of a Mexican thing (as in, they seem to be bigger fans). Perhaps in Spanish, Bimbo doesn't mean floozy. In fact, that should be their ad campaign targeted to the non Spanish-speaking crowd: "Bimbo. It's not just a cheap floozy who'll give you a hand job for $5. It's good bread." Or perhaps, "Bimbo Bread. So good, yet we won't leave a rash in your nether-regions."

I remember growing up in rural Mexico. Those were happier times...I'd ride the family's donkey to school. And then I'd stop by my friend Paco's and we'd play our favorite game, Rob the American Tourist...

Soon I'll be in Hawaii. Oh my God. And then what?

Ping--my outsourced blog-writer--has been hired away from me to write copy for the Republican Party. That's a recipe for disaster. Once they introduce a shred of competence, this country will go down the toilet--haven't they LEARNED?! He offered a no-bid contract, and they immediately accepted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ping is now a non-english speaking slash writer Republican. Can't say I didn't see it comin'...

I met someone really sweet at the laundrymat once.