Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Too Tired

I've gotten shittier and shittier at posting to my blog. I have no excuse.

I got the sweetest laptop bag mailed to me way from Fluffy in Australia. It's super sweet. I'm loving it. It's blue with orange accent. I've seriously never seen a laptop bag like this before. Check out the web page: www.crumpler.com.au. I'm loving it. It's padded and fits my 12" iBook perfectly. Fuck the laptop bags from the Apple Store. They're overpriced and they all look the same. This is sweet. I'll put a picture up if I get my camera working again.

Jury duty continues. I can't talk about the case, though. The judge bought the jury cake today, though. That was really nice of her.

As the case continues, it appears more and more like a long, drawn out play involving all elements of theater (or theatre): there's comedy, drama, highs, lows. There's several players and the complexity of a serious plot. The judge is the director of the show and the court clerk is like the stage manager. There's an audience, but the jury is a box of critics. The players all play towards the jury. The attorneys are the stars of the shows, with supporting actors propping up their performance (the witnesses). There's many breaks, and a long intermission for lunch. And the jurors, I've noticed, have started treating it like a long drawn out story--a mini-series.

The other day, one of the attorneys made an objection to a point brought up by the other attorney. He called an objection, and fired off his reason for the objection (ie. "Objection. Vague as to time."). And then, before the judge could answer, he yelled out, "Sustained." And then, as if reaching for another reason to call an objection, yelled out another, different reason for the objection, "Uh...Facts not in evidence." There was a long silence. The judge looked at him, and we all looked around at each other confused at why the attorney had sustained his own objection. Then we laughed at him, and I kept laughing throughout the day.

Tuesday. It's already Tuesday. It feels like I JUST posted my last post yesterday. Time flies, and it needs to stop. I need to pack my apartment! Oh my God!!!

My friend, Kathryn Allen, just got published. Check out her bitchin' poem at www.thefurnacereview.com. Don't be a fuckin' asshole. Check out the poem. She's working on her MFA in creative writing in Washington. I want an MFA in creative writing...

I'm so tired. I'm always tired. That's partially why I don't post so much anymore. I'm soooo tired most of the time.

Hey, check out this sweet video. This guy is dared to drink a bottle of Ipecac (an emitic) for $500 and then puke on the ground. My brother called me and told me to watch it. I was sickened not by the video so much as the fact that my brother thought it was hilarious. He's one sick fuck. Of course, I proceeded to show the video to my parents when they came to town, my special friend, my cousin, a couple friends, and my uncle. I even told all the jurors about the video. Is HE still the sick fuck?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but you guys ARE related. And I was wondering if you were going to purchase something from that website. One of your commenters posted a link a while ago. *waits for a pic