Monday, September 05, 2005

PC Castration

It's been so long since I left a post. I hope you aren't angry. I shall post more now. It's just that I bought an iBook. I've converted. I've fallen victim to the Apple Switch campaign. This is a good thing, of course. But in moving to Mac from PC, it's taken some getting used to. Hence, a few days without blog posts.

I got the 12" iBook. It's sweet. All I need is a bag to carry it in. It has wireless (though I haven't a wireless router) and Bluetooth (though I have no Bluetooth-enabled devices). I'm loving this thing.

I'd like to get a Bluetooth-enabled coffeemaker. This would be great. I could adjust the settings to the coffeemaker on my PC and upload them. That'd be so sweet: I could fine tune the coffeemaker to make the perfect cup of coffee. And then I could share my settings (and view other people's settings) at a www.BLUETOOTHCOFFEEMAKER.com. That'd be so sweet.

Meanwhile, I took Thursday AND Friday off from work. I had chest pains earlier in the week and went to the doc. Luckily, the doctor said my heart's really healthy and he doesn't think it was a major thing. Today is off because it's a federal holiday, and Thursday I'll be "sick" so I can go get my car worked on. Yeah, all these sick days off might raise a red flag, but I'm putting in my notice on Friday. I just hope I can get through Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm thinking there'll be at least a few minor shitstorms. However, for the last week, I nearly was able to avoid all phone calls. I even "lost" a few phone messages.

Anyone have iChat AV? I can now actually talk into the microphone and talk to people. Awesome. Anyone want to send me their usernames? I want to hear how the funny Australians talk.

TIP OF THE DAY: My neighbor Geoff says that you can make a stronger cup of coffee by using TWO coffee filters rather than just one. Hmm. We'll have to keep that in mind. It slows down the water as it flows through the maker. The longer the water is in contact with the grounds, the stronger it gets. Fascinating. But how will it taste? Disgusting?

Happy Memorial Day!!!

No comments: