Sunday, October 16, 2005

Aloha

I flew into Kona yesterday after about 14 hours of travelling. I got to Phoenix International Sky Harbour around 8 PM on 10/14/2005. I checked in two heavy, unwieldy suitcases completely jam-packed with all of my stuff. On top of those, I carried my laptop and a large carry-on packed with more stuff, and I wore my jacket. I wore the jacket so I wouldn't have to pack it, but it doesn't count as a carry-on.

My first flight left at about 9:30 PM and got to Las Vegas around 10:30 PM. I claimed my baggage (huge suitcases) and pushed them around, until I found out that I had to go to Terminal Two to get to my Hawaiian Airlines flight. I got on the Terminal Shuttle and was bussed over to another terminal--which was far enough to seem like I was actually going to a different airport. There, I checked in at the Hawaiian counter for my 2 AM flight to Honolulu. I rechecked my baggage. In Honolulu, I changed planes and waited about an hour for my flight to Kona International Airport. I arrived at 8:15 in the morning--still towards the start of the Ironman competition.

On the way from the airport, we saw bicyclists hurtling along in the opposite direction. Huge chunks of the highway were closed for the competition. I snapped a few pictures that I'll post later.

So, here I am. Hawaii. The air is so clean, and it just smells fresh.

To those who I promised chocolate, it shouldn't be too much longer.

2 comments:

Source Jockey said...

I look forward to the photos!

Fluffy said...

just get settled and make with the relaxing first. check back to earlier posts if you are trying to remember why you left. enjoy!