Thursday, October 13, 2005

Fucked in the ass by Apple

Tomorrow I leave for Hawaii. How bizarre.

Tonight, I went to a place called VooDoo Daddy's Magic Grill here in Phoenix. Cajun food--freakin' awesome. I got these sweet potato fries that tasted like cinammon cookies. Each fry tasted like I was biting into a big, tasty cinammon cookie--I shit you not. Then the waiter offered up that they taste better when dipped in the bourbon chocolate sauce generally used on top of their pecan pie. So I dipped those fries in the sauce, and I'll be damned if I didn't almost shit my pants in shock. Dessert fries.

And for Christ's sake, the Goddamn new iMac G5 came out yesterday. My dad just got his about ten days ago. So here they are, stuck with the old model. At first, I was concerned that they could have a better iMac G5 with even more features. My mom then told me that they're not going to figure everything out anyway, so it doesn't quite matter if they have the old one or new one. This iMac is supposed to be my dad's, after all, and he treats it more like a $2,000 novelty item. I came in the other day, and he was checking his email--on my mom's Windows PC. Jesus.

I feel Apple fucked us a bit. My dad bought this Goddamn iMac G5--supposed to be the latest and greatest. Then what happens? They bring out a new one, and retire the old one. Refurbished G5's equipped like my dad's are about $600 less than what he paid. Fucking assholes.

Today I should have packed, but I played a computer game. It's very hard to find computer games for Mac. Most stores don't have them. I found Max Payne at Half Price Books for only $8, so I bought it. And today, I should have packed, but instead played that fucking game all afternoon. I didn't even swim in the pool.

Fuuuuck. Tomorrow, I leave. I feel quite unprepared. Goodbye, mainland America.

I talked to my uncle in Hawaii. I told him I felt odd about moving to an island. It's a big move. He said that every continent is an island, so that should make me feel better. True. Australia is an island, but I think it's different. I mean, a rowboat and the QE2 are both sea-going vessels, after all.

No comments: