Saturday, October 22, 2005

Island Life

I ate fresh bananas yesterday. I eat them when I can. You see, bananas grow on trees. I'd always thought they were made in a factory and dumped at the grocery store. Somehow, Ralph's had one of these banana factories.

But no! You can pick them off trees and eat them. They're quite tasty.

I had a delicious latte yesterday. It was up at my uncle's friend's house at an elevation of 2000 feet. It's not connected to municipal water supplies, and he's "off the grid"--as in the electrical grid. It's powered by solar panels and gas generators. Amazing. More amazing was that the latte machine was fully powered by one of these generators. I guess it's not so different from cranking up your Honda and driving to the Starbucks, except he's cranking up a generator and the lattes this man made made Starbucks taste like horse urine. Not that I drink horse urine. Not on a regular basis, at least.

Island life is a bit slower than LA life, so I'll probably post a bit less often. What choice do I have? I could discuss the fuckin' asshole drivers who drive WAY too slow or those who drive way too fast. I could talk about the shithead local boys that tailgate. But come on--those aren't exciting.

Tomorrow, I plan on going to the beach, and then the gym. That was the plan for today, but I got lazy.

Those of you expecting more pictures, you'll have to wait a little longer. I'm lazy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your writing sucks now that you've moved to such a wonderful place and have lost all of your discontent and contempt. just thought you should know.

Ryan Medalie said...

Thanks, Marcel.