Monday, October 31, 2005

Yo

I went and saw Ozomatli tonight at the Kona Brewing Company. It was fun, the beer was good, and the music was fantastic. I saw a couple of Ozomatli shows in Albuquerque, but it's been a few years. It's somewhat odd that the band is from LA, and they had a few shows while I lived there, but not once did I go to see them in their native habitat.

I only went to a couple of concerts in LA. They were usually expensive, and traffic going anywhere was so bad, I knew a concert would be worse. And yeah, one of the times I went to a concert, I said, "I'm never going to the House of Blues ever again." I got a parking ticket, and the line to get in was about an hour and a half and about a couple blocks long. What a waste. It was a band I USED to like--before the concert. Then their concert pissed me off. They announced, "We're shooting this for a DirectTV special." They actually stopped and redid songs a couple of times. And they made everyone wait for them for a long long time. And Andy Richter opened for them. Sellouts. I guess that's what happens when you get too successful. Too bad it had to happen to They Might Be Giants.

The concert tonight was cool. It was probably the least expensive concert I've ever been to. $20. That's it. No Ticketmaster convenience/sodomy fees. No extra taxes. That was it--$20. And it was open-air, and gorgeous. No clouds, perfect weather. For $12, I got two beers and a slice of pretty decent pizza. No complaints.

I've decided to try learning Java. Why not? Mac already comes with a compiler. Why not use it, right?

2 comments:

Source Jockey said...

What are you going to learn it for, is the question? Learn some scripting languages first.

Ryan Medalie said...

Like what?