Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Fan Club

I was sitting here sending an email off to a friend (a friend who should consider cutting her hair back to shoulder length like in college, but that's neither here nor there). It was then that I came up with a brilliant idea.

I first thought, "Why not set up a fan club devoted to one of my friends--just to piss them off?!" Such as the Megan the Vegan Fan Club (though she's not vegan, 'Megan' and 'Vegan' do not rhyme, and I am protecting Megann's identity by intentionally mispelling her first name by leaving off one of the 'n's). But then I thought of something even MORE thrilling (sorry Megann).

What would happen if I picked a random person--perhaps even out of the phone book--and set up a fan club? It'd be a fan club devoted to a complete and utter stranger. Not only that, but I could contact their family members and friends, and pay them to get me pictures of the subject to put on the new web page.

Can you imagine a web page for...Ed Fox in Murfreesboro, Tennessee? It is a name I picked at random in a random city in the United States. Pictures, history, and a list of property owned; fun facts; likes; dislikes; favorite color...Maybe we can find public records available from whatever county Murfreesboro is in and put that up. We could put those up, as well as a list of favorite foods. But my favorite part will be the membership fees.

This is where he'll say, "What the fuck?!" He'll look online to find...VOILA! A slick web page devoted to him. After a while, a certain mystique will surround Ed Fox. He'll be a celebrity without doing anything.

Who wants to do the web page?

No comments: