Saturday, December 03, 2005

The man of her dreams...

Now this is cool, since Jen--a person who has never actually met me--said she dreamed she visited me in Hawaii, and wanted to congratulate me on the big move and my current relationship. Well this is very exciting. I'm curious at what Kona looks like to someone who hasn't visited it. Of course, there's two Hawaiis: the one the tourists see (which is really nice and fun), and the one for the people that live here.

I've been learning about the two Hawaiis. I got to revisit tourist Hawaii when Le came to town. That was fun. But Hawaii for those that live here--it's just another small town. Of course the closest city doesn't have a respectable mall or even an Ikea, but it's rural. Get past the pretty sunsets, the ocean, the fresh air, nice weather, good food, and what is it? Raton, New Mexico, or mayhaps Prescott, Arizona.

The Hawaii for those that live here has native Hawaiians who hate white people. And if you're not white, they hate you almost as much because you're from the mainland. Why do they hate you because you're from the mainland? Because you're from the mainland, you piece of shit.

More later.

No comments: