Thursday, December 15, 2005

A letter to a medical school friend

"Dr. Tina,

"They call me Dr. Worm. Good morning how are you, I'm Dr. Worm. I'm interested in things. I'm not a real doctor, but I am a real confectioner.

"I'm sick. I have a sore throat, runny nose, coughing, sneezing, and I think one of my limbs is about to fall off. Now riddle me this: Why should I send YOU candy when I'm currently sick? As a doctor, you're supposed to prevent this (from 4,000 miles away).

"I'm sending in the Oompa Loompas to attack you.

Sincerely,
Willy Wonka"

It's true. I'm sick. Miserable. I took two long naps today (though I still managed to make 133 pounds of delicious semi-sweet chocolate candy).

Here's an interesting factoid: I'm sick of semi-sweet chocolate. This is the good shit. The highest quality chocolate on the market. The very thought of eating semi-sweet chocolate makes me want to vomit, now. When I first got here, I ate that stuff all the time.

"Oh, it's so good." And they said to watch how much I eat or I'll get sick of it really fast. But that didn't matter, because they said that I WOULD get sick of it. It wasn't a matter of 'if.'

So here it is. I'm actually sick of semi-sweet and dark chocolate. I used to love the stuff. I used to want to bathe in it. I used to want to turn on the machines, open my mouth, and stick my head in.

All well.

No comments: