Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Adams Aplenty

I had a discussion with a senior coworker today. We discussed what dinosaurs would probably taste like.

Would it be "the other other white meat," or no? I said it'd probably resemble and taste like chicken, since birds are directly descended from dinosaurs. Ostrich, though--would not the T-Rex perhaps taste like ostrich?

Ostrich does not taste like chicken, though. It's more like ground beef. And they're herbivores, whilst the T-Rex is carniverous.

This left us wondering. I'm hoping the next big discovery is a completely in-tact, perfectly preserved dinosaur. I suppose we'll have to go looking in Antarctica to find the perfect sample, since elsewhere the meat would probably have broken down. If we could find a dinosaur, we could cut off a large slab, bring out the grill, and have a little barbeque. We agreed that this would be a fun thing to try. And naturally, there'll be so much meat left over we'd have enough for plenty of scientific observation and experimentation, as well as another barbeque.

I implore you to find this perfectly preserved frozen dinosaur. And don't look in your grocery store. Grocery stores won't have it. You may have to go to a place like Whole Foods or something.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Given the title, I was so set to read YOUR BEST POST EVER! Once said post was read, though, I can't even begin to communicate my disappointment.

That said, I'm right by Antartica, I'll whip over on the weekend and have a look for you.