Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Transportation Aberration

I rode on a Segway today. Really, what is this but a wheelchair for people with working legs? I can't see the point. Maybe in 50 years, the country will transport itself on Segways everywhere (or the descendent of the Segway), but for now, they don't make sense.

I was surprised that my friend had brought his Segway to where we were. However, he said it was too far to walk, but too short to ride a bike or drive. So I said, "Your house and my house are equidistant from here. And I walked." Hmmm. Ryan 1, Segway 0.

My big question is this: When are they going to get Segways in the projects? When are we going to start seeing Segway drive-bys? And I haven't seen any dropped Segway low-riders.

I tried it out. Fascinating how it works. They say it's idiot proof, but I'm quite sure I could seriously injure myself. I should have consumed more liquor and given it another try, too. He wouldn't let me go crazy with it. I asked if he took it off any sweet jumps, but he said he hadn't. I'm positive I could permanently injure myself on a Segway--something even more likely to happen than if I were to just walk. Ryan 2, Segway 0.

How can you pick up women on a Segway? There's only room for one, so this is difficult in both the literal and figurative sense. Maybe she'll ride on the handlebars. And if she's a techie nerd geek, she'd probably like that. Hmm. And I'm not going to carry around some bitch on my shoulders. Okay, advantage goes to Segway. Ryan 2, Segway 1.

I want to see a TV show like Knight Rider (starring David Hasselhoff), but with a talking Segway. And it should shoot laser beams out the front and fly and talk to the driver. Yeah. I guess it does have entertainment potential. But I have more. I win. Ryan 3, Segway 1.

1 comment:

Source Jockey said...

You're HALF the distance! YOU said it was too far to walk, too close to ride. :) I won the damn thing--what else am I supposed to do with it?