Thursday, July 28, 2005

Fresh from Hilo

I just got back from Hilo. Yesterday morning, I snorkeled and swam with some big fuckin' endangered turtles and big fucking fish.

I saw some little bastard--about 12 years old--swim to the bottom of the water (about 10 feet), pick up a large rock, and then he fucking dropped it on this big turtle as it dropped by. Obviously, he ignored the signs warning of fines and imprisonment by fucking with the ENDANGERED turtles. So Ryan (that's me) swam over there and yanked on his arm to get his attention.

"What?"

"What the fuck is your problem dropping rocks on the turtles?"

"It scared me."

I was so shocked at this kid's response. No wonder the locals get pissed at the fucking tourists--we're evidently there to destroy everything. I wanted to drop a rock on him.

Yesterday evening, I flew on a helicoptor out over some volcanoes and some fucking lava. Awesome as fuck. They wouldn't let me handle the controls, though. Assholes.

No comments: