Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Hawaii 5-0

When I first got to Hawaii on Sunday, I went to downtown Kona. Downtown Kona is smaller and less active than the least busy, smallest alley in Pasadena. But oh well. There I was walking around.

A cop car drove by me...at least I was pretty sure it was a cop car. It was a Roush Mustang 380R. It had a cop light on the roof, and it was white and blue. One question: What the fuck?

I saw it again later puttering around and asked my family friend, Collector, "So...What's the deal with the cop cars here?"

"Oh, the cops get a car allowance and drive their own cars."

And hence, with car allowance, someone decides to drive around in a Roush Mustang. On roads with speed limits of no more than 55. And good God, there's really no way to even go any faster than that if you try. So...a Roush Mustang? Okay. Whatever. A Supercharged Mustang cop car.

Apparently they don't make their own uniforms, though.

3 comments:

Source Jockey said...

Dude, that's awesome! :) I wouldn't mind our cops driving EXTREMELY noticeable cars...

Ryan Medalie said...

The cars I've seen so far on the North Kona District police force are a Toyota Sequoia, a Ford Expedildo (Expedition), and that Roush Mustang.

Fuck. I'm thinking about applying. It's supposed to be a very generous car allowance.

Source Jockey said...

Hmmm... Get a Phaeton.