Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Great Wall of Cincinnati

My jury duties continue. Today was another day in court. I will be going back tomorrow, too.

And every day that I'm in court is about another week behind that I get with my work. I realized today that I have been present at the office for three of the 14 most recent work days (including tomorrow). I spent five work days in Hawaii, one at an off-site meeting, and four (including tomorrow) in court. Pretty amazing, huh? I'm a professional work evader. And we can immediately cut off one of those three days I was there for computer problems and miscellaneous fucking around. TWO DAYS IN A 14 DAY PERIOD.

Dear God. That's a lot of days off. Dear God. Hope you got the letter. I pray you can make it better around here. I don't need a big reduction in the price of beer.

But jury duty has been fun so far. I like it.

Meanwhile, my move to Hawaii slowly marches closer on the calendar. At certain times, especially when I'm with certain people (or a certain person), I feel that time moves too fast. And then, at other times, when I'm at work let's say, it seems that time has stopped.

It's strange, though. This Hawaii stint is basically turning me into a bum. Not a hobo. Hobos are typically homeless, right? Not that there's anything particularly WRONG with being homeless. I just like indoor plumbing, cable, and a bed I don't have to share with the elements. A bum. I'll be a bum. I have to look for a part-time job.

Two college degrees, graduation with honors, and experience with the roughest, toughest collection agency in the United States. And yet I see "Would you like fries with that?" in my near future. Of course it's Hawaii, so I guess it'll probably be, "Would you like spam with that?" In case you don't know Hawaiians love spam. They apparently eat that shit all the time.

Who's going to visit me?
I talked to my brother today. My BROTHER said he may visit me. I may as well ask the Chinese to move the Great Wall of China to Cincinnati. My BROTHER is actually willing to come visit me. You don't even understand. He's a lazy fucker. This is big news.

I'd actually called him to see if he got my package I sent him. It had his birthday gifts in it. His birthday was August 5th. He said, "No."

"Oh," I said. "I didn't think it would have arrived yet. I'm on the way to the post office to mail it to you."

A couple of friends have expressed interest in coming out and staying in one of the hotels and hanging out. It'll be fun--a fucking blast, guys. Who else is coming to visit me?

2 comments:

Fluffy said...

xtc's dear god was my plagiarism of the day.

Fluffy said...

sorry, that was really lazy. maybe i'll become a island bum too.