Sunday, August 07, 2005

I'm too unoriginal to come up with a good title

Today I went to a pretty cool pool party today. The water was nice, and the food was pretty decent. And I was there, so that made it even better.

I have an unexplainable fear of pool vacuums. You know, that thing that moves slowly along the bottom of the pool pumping up leaves, dirt, and other unsavory items. Those things scare me. Through blurry eyes, they somehow always manage to look sinister.

Nobody got my They Might Be Giants reference from a couple of days ago:
"I found out she's an angel. I don't think she knows I know. I'm worried that something might happen to me if anyone ever finds out. Why, why did they send her--over anyone else? How should I react? These things happen to other people. They don't happen at all."

In fact, when you're following an angel, do you have really have to throw your body off a building?

Just because I plagiarized the lyrics, though, doesn't mean they don't have to apply.

I've decided to save money in moving to Hawaii by sneaking in in a piece of carry-on luggage...but who's going to carry me on to the plane? A cunning plan with a major obstacle. I must think this one through a bit more.

1 comment:

Fluffy said...

I totally got and noted the They Might be Giants reference. Hmph!

You could have pieces of yourself surgically removed and sent to Hawaii on ice as urgent donor organs. Then when your head gets there you start with the donor recipient process.

Works better if you have a rare blood type.