Friday, August 12, 2005

A Moratorium on Feeling Sorry for Myself

Today was rough. I was back at work, today, since court is in recess. Just because the court is in recess doesn't mean Ryan is.

There was a big case of Fridayitis in the courtroom. At 3:00 PM, the judge took a recess. When we came back, she was wearing a short skirt and tank top. She asked us to pretend she wasn't on the phone making her dinner reservations. As the juror selection continued, I noticed that one of the lawyers had merely replaced himself with a cardboard cutout of himself. The other, rather than asking questions or explaining the case, told us his strategy for playing Texas Hold 'Em. I learned a lot, but...it just didn't seem as somber of an environment as I thought it would be.

I mean, a couple of the jurors were in the corner making out. Other jurors took pictures of those jurors. Some had come back with an 18 pack of Natty Light (Note for the Australians: Natural Light, cheap cheap beer). At least of the four jurors were just sitting there drinking the cans of beer and throwing the empty ones at the poor court reporter.

Meanwhile, I read my book.

I'm not allowed to complain about problems with women anymore, at least for awhile. This is somewhat upsetting. It's what I do best--complaining that women don't like me. Perhaps I don't have much reason right now to complain about women not liking me. I will. Soon. I can almost promise I will soon be able to again deliver this service to you--my valued readers.

What's Wrong With Me?
This game is called What's Wrong With Me? It's where I tell you the symptoms, and you guess what's wrong. It saves going to the doctor (unless you're wrong, which you most likely will be).

All day long, I've had an odd bitter taste in my mouth (sort of like the taste of morning breath). And then this evening, I puked.

This bitter flavor has been in my mouth all fuckin' day. I've tried washing it away with coffee, chocolate, chocolate-covered coffee beans, piece of sandwich, orange, soda, yogurt--even that Chloroseptic nasty throat spray, but it still tastes bitter. What the fuck is this?

1 comment:

Fluffy said...

Could be a stomach bug, food poisoning, or you're pregnant. Did you have any appetite on the day when you had the bitter taste? My best guess is bacterial infection, probably in your stomach. Doctor might prescribe anti-biotics if it continues.

Not a qualified opinion.

How are you feeling now? <-- motherly concern