Sunday, May 08, 2005

Earthquake Sleepwalk

My recollection of this is unclear, but I think I sleepwalked last night. I'm not positive, but I think I did. I have no witnesses, but I remember it kind of like a dream. And there were other clues.

I have a paranoia of earthquakes for some reason. I've mentioned this in the past. They happen all the time in LA, supposedly, but we can't feel 99.9% of them because they're so small.

So here we go to my sleepwalking. I awoke because I swear I felt a huge jolt. Of course, perhaps it was just me jolting awake and I somehow took that as an earthquake. It was, after all, 2 in the morning--not my peak time for logical, cohesive thought. I know it was 2:00 AM because I looked at my alarm clock. What came next, I don't know. I thought I should check around my apartment. Why? Fuck if I know. I, for some reason, equated EARTHQUAKE with SOMEONE MUST BE IN MY APARTMENT. I have no idea why I thought this. I hadn't had anything to drink before bed.

So I got up, and walked around my apartment. From there, things get a little fuzzy. I remember walking into my living room and standing there for a long time. Nothing had fallen off the shelves, so I continued to the kitchen, where I opened the fridge and closed it again. Here is where there is a huge gap. All I remember next is tripping over my shoes and then staggering to my bed.

Bizarre isn't it? And when I looked back at the clock, about an hour had

1 comment:

Adam said...

Dude, do you have any proof that you DIDN'T turn into the Incredible Hulk?