Sunday, May 15, 2005

Southern Cali Discomfort

See what time it is? It's almost 3 in the morning. I had a date and got home not long ago.

Did it go well? I'm adding to my blog at close to 3 in the morning. What the fuck do you think?

I think I may have made her uncomfortable. I like to make conversation. I like to talk about interesting things.

I like to talk about Communism. I talked about how the Russians and Chinese really had something going, and we (as Americans) should not rule out Communism just because we're a democratic country. I pointed out that Cuba has one of the highest literacy rates in the world; if it works for an island country, why not us? This was all met with a mixture of skepticism and disgusted shock.

Then we headed off to a movie. We went to see Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in Redondo Beach. Redondo Beach--I thought it'd be a nice, classy place. It was quite ghetto. She asked, "Are you sure this is Redondo Beach?" I insisted it was, and she even asked a couple of employees. Indeed, it was not Inglewood or Compton as we though; we were in Redondo Beach. So we watched the movie (though I'd somehow gotten us to the wrong theater).

Later, I thought things would pick up if I said, "Hey, we could go find a liquor store and split a 40? I'll pour some out on the ground. You know, for the homies." It was about this point she said she was tired. Hell, so was I.

No comments: