Wednesday, May 04, 2005

G-d Damnit!!

Australia seems to make waste as much a part of their government system as ours does.

I just feel that if all the money spent on waste in the operation of our Government were instead spent on education, we'd have a bunch of brilliant little bastards running around understanding calculus by the 4th grade, and speaking Latin in the halls of public schools. If the money were instead spent on defense (and let's face it, there's a better chance that the money would go towards the president's dry-cleaning fund than education), every American would have a built-in Commie-seeking laser gun built into their forehead. I suppose waste, though, is a necessary cost of government. '

Speaking of Waste...
Meanwhile, my major accomplishment of the day was building a tower out of candy. Is this what my life has come to? Forget reading an exciting new book. Forget writing a poem, or even a haiku, or G-d (yes, let's be Jewish for a moment) forbid a short story. The very highlight of my day was taking several candies and stacking them into a tower. Granted, it was a large tower, and everyone else in the room thought it was distracting. And they also all got angry that I was taking their candy to build my tower. But I told them, "Listen, this is the cost of progress. You've got to give up some of your candy for us to move forward." They're so fucking close-minded.

I was thinking of taking Legos tomorrow. Fuck the candy. You can't snap candy together. And when I ran to the john, people ate part of the tower. People won't eat the Legos.

Also, I ate lunch in the building where Judge Ito (you remember him from the OJ trial) works. Isn't that crazy? It's a federal judicial building. They've got an okay cafeteria. They don't serve liquor, though. But then no federal building does, I guess. I asked some friends if they thought I'd get in trouble if I went in reeking of alcohol and stumbling drunk. The general concensus? No. But they'd be concerned.

I think it's experiment time.

2 comments:

Adam said...

You're a visionary!!

Try spending a day without any shoes on. If your government-employed co-workers are unable to do anything about it without lodging form 9765 First Step Compliant on Improper Actions, Attire and Behaviour in the Workplace, then wear no shoes or socks the next day. The day after, no pants.

After full nudity, start on fetishes; be the gimp, the dominatrix and the bejewelled pierced guy.

They can't fire you because that is too long a process, they'll have to promote you to management where you'll have less effect.

And so I give to you, the secret of climbing the public sector ladder to success.

*********************** said...

I'm putting on my ass-less chaps as we speak =)