Saturday, April 30, 2005

A Responsibility to the State of California

Gotta Support the Gov...
I have an offer on the table from the governor's staff and the California Republican Party to insert a blurb in support of their organization in each blog in return for a little cashola, some tax breaks, and a position on Schwarzenegger's staff.

I'm thinking about it. The money sounds good, and I understand you get discounts on your dry cleaning if you're on the governor's staff. They're introducing their new fiscal and political plan to improve the governor's ratings. "Ryan," they told me, "We've got to get as many people in support of the governor's plans to seal up the borders of California. As an immigrant to this country, he finds it really difficult to get a lot of support right now. We think this is wrong. Just because he's an immigrant and talks with an accent doesn't make him any less of a person. That's why we need to stand behind him so we can keep out those Goddamn dirty immigrant pieces of dog shit."

Let's help him out.

The Hollywood Sign You Can't Fucking See at Night
I went to Hollywood last night. I don't usually go. But I noticed something really, really strange.

"Where's the Hollywood sign?" I asked.

"Over to the right somewhere," my friends told me. I looked, but saw nothing.

"It's dark. I don't see anything."

"Well, you can't see it at night," they said.

I looked again, and got confused. "What do you mean? Why not? In the movies it's always lit up at night."

Then they told me, "That's in the movies."

So there I was in Hollywood looking for the Hollywood sign which is always lit up at night in every Hollywood movie I've ever seen, and I can't see it because it's dark and in real life the sign isn't lit up at night. And this is all obvious to everyone else. What the fuck is going on here?

No comments: